Monday, February 22, 2016

7 More Things I Learned in India


  1. The Maratha hero Shivaji was my husband's boyhood hero.
  2. I assumed that when we got here "real" Indian food would blow my head off, but I actually found much of it fairly tame, spice-wise. 
  3. I am ridiculously charmed by the sight of women in saris perched decorously side-saddle on the back of motorbikes.
  4. Indian toddlers are the most adorable creatures on the face of the earth.
  5. I never want to visit India between April and October. It was quite hot and humid enough for me in mid-winter (into the low 90s).
  6. I love how most of the churches we visited haven't slavishly used the Adventist Church Hymnal, as in many other parts of the world, but have created their own sacred music with Indian tones and rhythms.
  7. Indians follow their celebrities even more fervently than Americans. Kim Kardashian and Ryan Gosling have nothing on Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment - I love a good conversation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...