Thursday, January 17, 2008

Finally here!

Well, it has been an enormous effort (and has cost a heck of a lot more than we'd foreseen) but we are finally settling in. We've moved into a tiny but fairly comfortable apartment on the hill across from the college and after several days of chasing our shipment by phone all over California it arrived this afternoon and I've made a start on unpacking it. We've also finally got internet set up in the apartment so I am going to try to be better at keeping in touch with everyone. I haven't found a job yet but I haven't been looking too hard so far. I did apply for a part-time job in a bookstore but they already had some interviews set up so I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get it - which is too bad because it would have been perfect. I'll go into Napa early next week and sign up at job agencies and do some temping for a while.

It really is beautiful up here, even in January. The weather is mild and sunny now (after a bad winter storm that left us without power for a day!). I'll try and get some pictures up as soon as I can and keep this thing updated regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment - I love a good conversation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...